Intro: I was really curious to see this one, but when it came out in theaters, I didn't make it in time to go and watch it. Being 2026, the year of the horror renaissance, I couldn't possibly leave this one behind. So, a few weeks ago, I decided to give it a go.
Film 2497: "They Will Kill You" (2026), directed by Kirill Sokolov
Watched: From the projector
Language: English
Watched with: No one
Thoughts: I think this movie is full of ideas, and some of them are really good, but towards the end, the story takes such a turn that it ruins the ending a bit for me.
I'll be honest, overall I enjoyed "They Will Kill You": it's bold and very creative, and it has the guts to tell a completely new story in such a unique way, combining elements from horror and thriller, sci-fi and comedy for an overall result that is a crazy ride. And if you like it, what an actual ride it is! It's not perfect, though. I think there is a tonal shift towards the second half of the movie that messes up the vibe a bit, but I appreciate the effort in delivering something new, especially in such a stacked year for horror films.
That said, the ending is where "They Will Kill You" lost me. The cult plot twist is fine -- I mean, not groundbreaking, but it's fun -- and when you mix this element with the fact that its members are immortal and keep on resurrecting... it's actually fun to watch.
My issue is the (real) villain of the story and the fight between him and our main protagonist: it's such a weird scene to watch and, without giving too much away, I think the visual effects are not up to par and, in general, this bit of the story is so over the top that it actually took me out of it. It looks so obviously computer-generated, and what's at stake is so out of the ordinary that I disengaged a bit. Not to mention that the skin part confused me a bit.
All in all, though, this movie surprised me. I went into it without knowing anything about it, with no expectations whatsoever and, yeah, I had fun. It's a combination of so many other movies blended together that it comes out the other side like something new.
Cast: Zazie Beetz, Myha'la, Paterson Joseph, James Remar, Angus Sampson, Tom Felton, Heather Graham, Patricia Arquette.
Box Office: $19.4 million
Worth a watch?: Definitely not a film for everyone, it's extremely violent and filled with dark humor. But if you enjoy films like "Kill Bill", "Ready or Not" and its sequel, or even "Rosemary's Baby", this one could actually work for you. Visually, it's very interesting, Zazie Beetz and Patricia Arquette banter off each other perfectly and, overall, the movie is such a crazy ride that, if you're into it, you end up having fun. For what it is, I enjoyed it.
Awards: /
Key word: Sister.
Trailer
#HollywoodCiak
Bengi
Watched: From the projector
Language: English
Watched with: No one
Thoughts: I think this movie is full of ideas, and some of them are really good, but towards the end, the story takes such a turn that it ruins the ending a bit for me.
I'll be honest, overall I enjoyed "They Will Kill You": it's bold and very creative, and it has the guts to tell a completely new story in such a unique way, combining elements from horror and thriller, sci-fi and comedy for an overall result that is a crazy ride. And if you like it, what an actual ride it is! It's not perfect, though. I think there is a tonal shift towards the second half of the movie that messes up the vibe a bit, but I appreciate the effort in delivering something new, especially in such a stacked year for horror films.
That said, the ending is where "They Will Kill You" lost me. The cult plot twist is fine -- I mean, not groundbreaking, but it's fun -- and when you mix this element with the fact that its members are immortal and keep on resurrecting... it's actually fun to watch.
My issue is the (real) villain of the story and the fight between him and our main protagonist: it's such a weird scene to watch and, without giving too much away, I think the visual effects are not up to par and, in general, this bit of the story is so over the top that it actually took me out of it. It looks so obviously computer-generated, and what's at stake is so out of the ordinary that I disengaged a bit. Not to mention that the skin part confused me a bit.
All in all, though, this movie surprised me. I went into it without knowing anything about it, with no expectations whatsoever and, yeah, I had fun. It's a combination of so many other movies blended together that it comes out the other side like something new.
Cast: Zazie Beetz, Myha'la, Paterson Joseph, James Remar, Angus Sampson, Tom Felton, Heather Graham, Patricia Arquette.
Box Office: $19.4 million
Worth a watch?: Definitely not a film for everyone, it's extremely violent and filled with dark humor. But if you enjoy films like "Kill Bill", "Ready or Not" and its sequel, or even "Rosemary's Baby", this one could actually work for you. Visually, it's very interesting, Zazie Beetz and Patricia Arquette banter off each other perfectly and, overall, the movie is such a crazy ride that, if you're into it, you end up having fun. For what it is, I enjoyed it.
Awards: /
Key word: Sister.
Trailer
#HollywoodCiak
Bengi

#HollywoodCiak 2497 #TheyWillKillYou #ZazieBeetz #Myhala #PatersonJoseph #JamesRemar #AngusSampson #TomFelton #HeatherGraham #PatriciaArquette #cult #murder #Satan #immortal #horror #thriller #pig #violence #family #sister #housekeeper #highrise #sacrifice #followme
RispondiElimina