Intro: I'm not on the couch anymore, but it's still Summer and I keep feeling my movie fantasy.
Film 2507: "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" (2003), directed by Gore Verbinski
Watched: From the computer
Language: English
Watched with: No one
Thoughts: I always liked the first one, but I've never been a massive fan of this franchise, to be honest. Let's say I like it enough.
I still think this one is the best of them all, and what Johnny Depp does with the Jack Sparrow character is, I think, amazing. He literally created one of the most iconic and recognizable characters in modern cinema, and he did it... for a movie inspired by a theme park ride! I'll never get over this.
Anyway, Depp aside, "The Curse of the Black Pearl" is entertaining and a good ride -- wink wink -- but I have to admit I forgot how long this film is and, to be honest, 143 minutes was a bit too much for me. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it, but I think knowing more or less all the bits of the story made me anxious to get to the good parts and/or the end. I really enjoy the beginning of the film, but I couldn't stand the sword fight between Sparrow and Will (Orlando Bloom)... too choreographed, and the scene overstays its welcome. Same with the curse: it's amazing when you see the pirates go from normal human beings to just skeletons under the full moon for the first time, but the quest to get the last coin and the (double) voyage(s) to the island broke my spirit.
Again, I think this has more to do with me and possibly the fact that I decided to rewatch this movie but only remembered the parts that I liked. "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" is extremely entertaining and good fun. Keira Knightley is perfect for these types of period movies, Klaus Badelt's soundtrack is iconic, and overall, this film still holds up more than 20 years after it came out in cinemas.
Film 240 - La maledizione della prima luna
Film 1560 - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Film 2507 - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Film 1570 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Film 1579 - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Film 1242 - Pirati dei Caraibi - Oltre i confini del mare
Film 1415 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Cast: Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Jonathan Pryce, Jack Davenport, Kevin R. McNally, Zoe Saldaña, Mackenzie Crook.
Box Office: $654.3 million
Worth a watch?: In general, this saga is good fun, especially the first three films. My favourite is still this one, and every now and again I like to rewatch it. But beware of the running time, because it goes over the two-hour mark. Other than that, go ahead and have fun.
Awards: Nominated for 5 Oscars: Best Actor (Johnny Depp), Best Makeup, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing, Best Visual Effects. 1 win at the BAFTAs for Best Makeup and Hair over 5 nominations (Best Actor in a Leading Role for Depp, Best Special Visual Effects, Best Costume Design, Best Sound. 1 Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy (Depp) and 1 win at the MTV Movie Awards for Best Male Performance (Depp) over 6 nominations for Best Movie, Best Comedic Performance (Depp), Best On-Screen Duo (Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom), Best Villain (Geoffrey Rush), Best Breakthrough Performance (Keira Knightley).
Key word: Curse.
Trailer
#HollywoodCiak
Bengi
Watched: From the computer
Language: English
Watched with: No one
Thoughts: I always liked the first one, but I've never been a massive fan of this franchise, to be honest. Let's say I like it enough.
I still think this one is the best of them all, and what Johnny Depp does with the Jack Sparrow character is, I think, amazing. He literally created one of the most iconic and recognizable characters in modern cinema, and he did it... for a movie inspired by a theme park ride! I'll never get over this.
Anyway, Depp aside, "The Curse of the Black Pearl" is entertaining and a good ride -- wink wink -- but I have to admit I forgot how long this film is and, to be honest, 143 minutes was a bit too much for me. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it, but I think knowing more or less all the bits of the story made me anxious to get to the good parts and/or the end. I really enjoy the beginning of the film, but I couldn't stand the sword fight between Sparrow and Will (Orlando Bloom)... too choreographed, and the scene overstays its welcome. Same with the curse: it's amazing when you see the pirates go from normal human beings to just skeletons under the full moon for the first time, but the quest to get the last coin and the (double) voyage(s) to the island broke my spirit.
Again, I think this has more to do with me and possibly the fact that I decided to rewatch this movie but only remembered the parts that I liked. "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" is extremely entertaining and good fun. Keira Knightley is perfect for these types of period movies, Klaus Badelt's soundtrack is iconic, and overall, this film still holds up more than 20 years after it came out in cinemas.
Film 240 - La maledizione della prima luna
Film 1560 - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Film 2507 - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Film 1570 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Film 1579 - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
Film 1242 - Pirati dei Caraibi - Oltre i confini del mare
Film 1415 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
Cast: Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush, Orlando Bloom, Keira Knightley, Jonathan Pryce, Jack Davenport, Kevin R. McNally, Zoe Saldaña, Mackenzie Crook.
Box Office: $654.3 million
Worth a watch?: In general, this saga is good fun, especially the first three films. My favourite is still this one, and every now and again I like to rewatch it. But beware of the running time, because it goes over the two-hour mark. Other than that, go ahead and have fun.
Awards: Nominated for 5 Oscars: Best Actor (Johnny Depp), Best Makeup, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing, Best Visual Effects. 1 win at the BAFTAs for Best Makeup and Hair over 5 nominations (Best Actor in a Leading Role for Depp, Best Special Visual Effects, Best Costume Design, Best Sound. 1 Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy (Depp) and 1 win at the MTV Movie Awards for Best Male Performance (Depp) over 6 nominations for Best Movie, Best Comedic Performance (Depp), Best On-Screen Duo (Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom), Best Villain (Geoffrey Rush), Best Breakthrough Performance (Keira Knightley).
Key word: Curse.
Trailer
#HollywoodCiak
Bengi

#HollywoodCiak 2507 #PiratesoftheCaribbean #TheCurseoftheBlackPearl #GoreVerbinski #JohnnyDepp #GeoffreyRush #OrlandoBloom #KeiraKnightley #JonathanPryce #JackDavenport #ZoeSaldana #Oscars #Disney #JackSparrow #curse #pirate #love #treasure #captain #chest #followme
RispondiElimina