Intro: I was aware of this movie, but it never crossed my mind to watch it. Then recently I came across this film again and said to myself, why did I never watch it? It had all the elements that I would enjoy, so one evening I decided to give it a go.
Film 2491: "Fall" (2022), Scott Mann
Watched: From the computer
Language: English
Watched with: No one
Thoughts: I'll admit I was expecting a bit more, but overall I enjoyed "Fall".
A few elements stood out to me:
Watched: From the computer
Language: English
Watched with: No one
Thoughts: I'll admit I was expecting a bit more, but overall I enjoyed "Fall".
A few elements stood out to me:
- Conceiving an engaging story that is set in one tiny, confined location for 2/3 of its runtime is quite impressive.
- The 610-meter-high television broadcasting tower shown here - which I thought was ridiculously tall to actually be real - is based on the real 625-meter-high KXTV/KOVR tower in Walnut Grove, California, United States. Once I realized a similar structure actually exists, my perception of this movie and its believability radically shifted.
- The height element is the real driving force of this story. Whether you're afraid of heights or not, it's undeniable that this movie is able to capitalize on this visual element to produce a continuous adrenaline boost that runs throughout the story. Without it, "Fall" wouldn't be as effective or have much else that would make it stand out. Remove the broadcasting tower and this is just another survival story, as we've seen many times before portrayed on the big screen.
All of this said, the downside is that the big plot twist at the end isn't as creative as the rest of the story. I mean, I didn't necessarily see it coming, yet it felt like a cheap twist timed to give the main character one last challenge to face.
And speaking of challenges - although I understand that the particular setting of the story made it, in a way, necessary - I thought the script gave its main protagonists way too many obstacles to overcome. The constant twists and turns the story pulls out get more and more frustrating as time goes by. I often found myself wondering: "And now what?" Obviously, it shouldn't be too easy to get rescued from the tower or there would be no story to tell, but the way the story persists in presenting new life-threatening or emotionally stressful plot points (the shoe, the drone, the flare gun, the injuries, the vulture, the cheating) compromised the overall enjoyment of this film for me. Not totally, as I still had a good time overall, but I wish there were fewer twists so that the story would feel less packed and flow slightly better.
Ps. A sequel, "Fall 2: Deadpoint", is coming out this September.
Cast: Grace Caroline Currey, Virginia Gardner, Mason Gooding, Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
Box Office: $21.8 million
Worth a watch?: If you're scared of heights, this is either the film that will get you over it or send you over the edge. I could barely handle it, to be honest, but I enjoyed how much "Fall" had me on the edge of my seat. Up to you to decide if you're up to the task.
Awards: /
Key word: 1-4-3.
Trailer
#HollywoodCiak
Bengi

#HollywoodCiak 2491 #Fall #ScottMann #GraceCarolineCurrey #VirginiaGardner #MasonGooding #JeffreyDeanMorgan #survival #cheating #death #dehydration #drone #family #flaregun #friends #grief #height #love #tower #vulture #climb #ashes #Fall2 #Fall2Deadpoint #followme
RispondiElimina